Professional Coach with Diploma Program
This is the starting point for all coach training, the Professional Coach with Diploma Program, is ideal for those who want to bring a difference to other’s lives, as well as their own. This program introduces you to the coaching tools and methodologies you need to coach others in a professional manner. Additionally, this training acts as the first step to further your candidature for ICF approved
International Certifications in the future.
When you have finished this program you can work as a coach and become an ICF member. To apply for an ACC or PCC certificate at ICF you can continue your coach training with our
As part of this program, you will receive 8 days of training, 17 mentor coaching hours, course literature, on-demand support, 10 years of coaching know-how, and a separate Diploma Day for the examination, where you need to prove your skills through a
live coaching session.
The Professional Coaching Diploma program is structured as 4 modules, spread over 8 days, with each module
covering 2 days each.
The program includes:
- 8 full days of training from 9am to 5pm.
- 5 hours for on-on-one sessions with a mentor coach during the days between modules.
- 12 hours with a mentor coach for the group during training days.
- Coaching is taught through training! Opportunity for at least 15 practice client hours with at least three clients between training days and completed before Diploma Day.
- Handouts and book with all training material created by CoachCompanion.
- On-demand support during all training days.
- Peer-coaching with other program participants (voluntary but recommended).
- Includes the cost for fees for the Examination to be an approved coach and receive the diploma.
(in case of failure, the participant will be given another chance to clear the examination, upon payment of exam fees of 50 Euros).
- Free membership to the CoachCompanion ALUMNI network for all certified coaches and for those with the diploma.
- Option to market your coaching skills and services through the CoachCompanion Romania website.
- Free follow-up call with a mentor coach after Diploma Day.
Note that the class size is limited to 12 participants and all sessions will be held on site at CoachCompanion Romania, in the heart of Cluj.
During Module 1, participants will be given concrete tools to get started with their practice clients. Core competencies that participants will be trained on include:
- Discussing ethics and professionalism
- Establishing Coach agreements
- Participating in active listening
- Establishing trust and understanding with client
During Module 2, the CoachCompanion model of “Volcano coaching” will be introduced. Program participants will carry out a variety of exercises aimed at increasing self-awareness for clients. Core competencies that participants will be trained on include:
- Creating awareness
- Planning and setting goals
- Designing action plans
Module 3 will talk about how increased and faster effect in cooperation can be achieved through the use of coaching tools like physical space, the senses, etc. A wide variety of tools will be introduced to the participants. Core competencies that participants will be trained on include:
- Creating awareness within the client
- Recognizing what makes a question ‘powerful’
- Engaging in direct communication
In Module 4, participants will train to combine what they have learned in the previous modules and use the previously learned core competencies based on their own unique coaching style. Here, the trainees are also trained in process coaching, thus taking coaching to further deeper levels. Core competencies that participants will be trained on include:
- Managing progress and accountability
- Coaching presence
- Creating awareness
Diploma Day is an extra day reserved for all participants to showcase their learning post program completion. This is an oral examination held as a coaching session with an examiner; generally assessed over a telephonic conversation. The day concludes with a Diploma Ceremony.
*Most coaches who earn their diploma from CoachCompanion, opt to carry on their coach training through our specially designed Mastery modules in order to become accomplished in one or more niche areas of coaching. You can also simultaneously choose to start the International Coaching Certification program approved by ICF.
As a bonus, CoachCompanion invites all our program participants to join us for a Swedish Fika on all training days. The Fika is a uniquely Swedish tradition of mingling over coffee and specific Swedish delicacies. We offer all participants a yummy start to the day with a delicious breakfast buffet to go with their morning coffee and an afternoon coffee break with organic treats. Enjoy your Fika as you mingle with a great mix of participants who share their experiences with each other from day one!
“A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves.”
– Lao Tzu –